Recommend to a friend
Purchase, Price list
Released MITCalc 1.75
Released MITCalc 1.74
Released MITCalc 1.73
Released MITCalc 1.72
Released MITCalc 1.70a
Released MITCalc 1.70
Extension Pack - EP08
Released MITCalc 1.61
Released MITCalc 1.60
Released MITCalc 1.51
Why MS Excel is used.
The history of table calculators begins in the 1980's (1979 - Visicalc)
and their use has considerably expanded since. Though, at the beginning,
these calculators were used mostly in the field of economics, statistics and
financial calculations, their use is more or less universal today and there
probably aren't any technical workers who have no experience
with a table calculator.
Microsoft Excel is obviously the best product. This program provides a
wide scope of options and user modifications (control elements, programming
language, table formatting, etc). This predestines it for use in
engineering, industrial and technical calculations with the following main
- General knowledge of Excel, millions of users, multi-platform
applications (Windows, Apple).
- User's interface - Excel enables us, for this type of task, to design
a natural user environment.
- Open solution - The user can simply modify or extend the calculation
according to their own requirements and usage.
- Complex solution - Interconnection of several calculations (even
including separate tables) allows quick preparation of a solution for
complex entries - tailored solution.
- Data sharing - A range of programs (including many CAD systems) can
cooperate with Excel tables directly.
- Communication - Simple data transfer - sending a workbook also
includes sending the data and procedure.
- Publication activity - easy publication of results on the Internet or
Intranet, and simple modifications of print reports
- .......and many others.
The only "disadvantage", which is disputable, can be seen in the
necessity to install MS Excel (version 97, 2000, XP,
2003, 2007,2010, 2013, 2016 ...) for the use of the