The calculation is intended for the purposes of geometric and strength designs of helical tension cylindrical springs made of wires and rods of circular sections, exposed to a static loading. In addition to the design of geometric and strength parameters, the calculation co-operates with CAD systems.
The application provides solutions for the following tasks:
- Automatic design of the spring.
- Selection of the optimal design of the spring with respect to strength, geometry and weight.
- Strength check of the spring.
- Calculation of working forces of a spring of known production and mounting dimensions.
- Calculation of mounting dimensions for a known loading and production parameters of the spring.
- Support for Cold formed springs and Hot formed springs.
- The application includes a table of commonly used spring materials according to ISO, EN, ASTM/SAE, DIN, BS, JIS and others.
- Support of 2D and 3D CAD systems.
The calculation is based on data, procedures and algorithms from specialized literature and standards EN 13906-2, DIN 2089-2, DIN 2097.